NEW 2015 RESOURCES
Curricular Resources in Dance
Here are a number of links to Internet sites which contain information and/or
other links related to Dance. Please read our
Ballet Theatre's On-line Dictionary
- Textual and visual explanations of 170 ballet terms by ABT's dancers who
"show how it's done." You need the QuickTime Plugin to get full value from
- The mission of the Kennedy Centre's ArtsEdge is to "help artists, teachers,
and students gain access to and/or share information, resources, and ideas
that support the arts as a core subject area in the K12 curriculum." Teachers
can keep up with arts news, interact with members of the arts and educational
communities, access WWW resources (links are organized by discipline, e.g.,
dance, music, theatre, visual arts, etc.), and review arts-based curricular
resources. Students can share their own works and links to a collection of
web sites appropriate for children.
- This Country and Western theme site has pages dedicated to describing various
C&W dances and their steps. Check out: Line Dances, Partners/Couples Dances,
Mixed Bag of Dances.
and Movement Page
- Each month, a new song with instructions for dance/movement is featured.
Previous songs are stored in an archive.
- This meta-list of links to dance resources is organized by type of dance,
including: Ballet and Modern, Ballroom, Clogging, Contra, Folk, Greek, Historical,
Indian, Latin, Middle Eastern, Morris, Square, Swing and Lindy, and Tango.
for Busy People
- Information on 25 basic dance movements is provided, including an explanation
of the movement and timing, styling, and tips for teaching. In addition, there
are pages of information on how to perform various kinds of dances including
square dances, quadrilles, contra dances, no partner (line) dances, round
dance mixers, Sicilian circles, trios, and mescolanzas.
of Modern Ballroom Dancing
- An illustrated article tracing the history of the Viennese Waltz, Modern
Waltz, Tango, Slow Foxtrot, and Quickstep.
- This is a meta-list of links to resources on the Polka. Included are sound
files and an incomplete history of the contemporary polka.
- Included within this Tap Dance page are: Who's Who in Tap, Tap Films, Tap
Videos, Sounds of Tap, Glossary/Notation, History/Books, Tap Steps, and Trivia.
- Another metalist with a comprehensive collection of pointers to dance-related
information available on the World Wide Web. Dance resources are organized
alphabetically and by type.
Note: The sites listed above will serve as a source of curricular content in Dance. For other resources in Fine Arts (e.g., curricular content in art, arts & crafts, or music) or for lesson plans and theme pages, click the "previous screen" button below. Or, click here
if you wish to return directly to the CLN menu which will give you access to educational resources in all of our subjects.