NEW 2015 RESOURCES
Parent and Teachers
- Exploring the unknown is a lot of fun. In today's world of the Internet,
exploration needs to be under the guidance of parents and teachers. Make
exploring the Internet a family or classroom adventure. While children
are wondering through the Internet, constant adult supervision is recommended.
Kids Network recommends that parents and teachers follow these guidelines
for an enjoyable, safe on-line experience:
- 1. Your children should only log on with your approval.
- 2. The computer should be located in a room where there is adult supervision.
- 3. Let your children post your family's e-mail address even if they
have their own.
- 4. If your children are subscribed to a mailing list, you may want
to watch the content of their mail to set your mind at ease.
- 5. If your children have a distressing experience, educate them on
what choices they have in dealing with any bad stuff.
- CLN's "For Kids Only" Page
- We chose the links in Kids Pages as sites that are safe and non-violent
and offer some educational value. However we do not guarantee that you
or your children will not find a link leading to a site that could be offensive.
CLN's "For Kids Only" page is intended for children who are learning
to navigate the Web and who enjoy learning academic skills through fun
- Software and Hardware
- In selecting the resources for the Kid's Pages, an effort was made
to avoid sites requiring the latest in technology. Although some of the
sites listed may need the Shockwave plug-in, Netscape 3.0 and Navigator
or Internet Explorer 3.0 and 4.0. If you are using older technology (a
computer using less than 8-12 MB of RAM), you may experience a few difficulties
with some of the links. These difficulties may include only part of a page
downloading, some of the graphics being incomplete and some of the interactive
qualities not functioning. Also, a slow network connection will cause some
games to take several minutes to download. We have made a link to Shockwave,
but before downloading, remember that you must be able to run Netscape
3.0 or better and Internet Explorer 3.0 or better.
Technical Shockwave Info