NEW 2015 RESOURCES
Gerbils-Hamsters Theme Page
This "Theme Page" has links to information about Gerbils and Hamsters. Students and teachers will find curricular resources (information, content...) to help them learn about and care for these animals. Please read our disclaimer.
Best Gerbil Links on the Web
- Over 50 links to Gerbil sites organized under headings such as faqs, homepages,
diseases, colors, and behavioral biology.
- Explanations of a variety of Gerbil behaviors, including gnawing, scratching,
sandbathing, sleeping, retrieving of pups, food envy, agression, and more.
- Answers to questions on history, buying a Gerbil, housing, basic care,
behaviour, medical care, and breeding.
- Origin, appearance, behaviour, food and housing, reproduction, development,
colours and genetics of the Mongolian Gerbil. There is also information on
other gerbil species.
National Gerbil Society
- Lots and lots of information at this site. Check out, in particular, sections
on Diseases and Ailments of Gerbils, Information on other Species of Gerbils
and Jirds, Why Do My Gerbils Burrow in the Corner? and links to other sites.
- Over 60 FAQs and their answers.
Complete Hamster Site
- Everything you wanted to know about hamsters and more.
- An extensive meta-list of over 50 links to hamster sites.
- An information page on Russian Dwarf Hamsters covering description, housing,
feeding, pet, interaction, breeding, and diseases & medical care.
Mammal Medley: The Hamster
- Several pages of information from the staff at PetStation.
Note: The sites listed above will serve as a source of information about Gerbils
and Hamsters. For other resources in Science (e.g., curricular content in Earth
Science, Life Science, Physical Science, or General Science), or for lesson
plans and theme pages, click the "previous screen" button below. Or, click here
if you wish to return directly to the CLN menu which will give you access to
educational resources in all of our subjects.