Careers in Math Theme Page
Here are a number of links to Internet sites which contain information and/or other links related to the specific theme of Careers in Math. Please read our
Mathematical Society: Employment and Careers
- Lots of useful information. Burrow down through the menu above to get the
full range of offerings or go directly to some of the more relevant resources
for Women in Mathematics Careers in Mathematics
- This site provides information about some of the areas of mathmatics in
which there are many opportunities.
of Women Mathematicians
- This site is an on-going project by student in mathematics classes at Agnes
Scott College, in Atlanta, Georgia, to show the numerous achievements of women
in the field of mathematics.
Career Education Project in Mathematics
- A math teacher's lesson plan which has students research 2 different careers
that require a math background. The lesson plan includes a list of careers
and a form letter for student use.
- Links to many areas in which mathematicians can find exciting careers.
Careers In Mathematics Project
- The project consists of students taking on the role of opening a new department
for people interested in careers using mathematics. As their first duty, students
need to create a portfolio of the many different jobs using mathematics. Appropriate
links are provided for the students' research. The students are to interview
someone in the field and present their findings to the class.
Mathematical Association of America Career Profiles
- This site provides essays that describe a wide variety of careers for which
a background in the mathematical sciences is useful.
(The) Young Mathematicians Network WWW Site
- This site is maintained by a group of mathematicians who are just beginning
their careers. They are interested in getting recent facts about jobs in industry
and government. On the Web site, they publish the newsletter "Concerns of
Young Mathematicians" and provide many links to other employment related sites.
Note: The sites listed above will serve as a source of curricular content
in Math Careers. For other resources in Career Studies (e.g., curricular content,
lesson plans, and theme pages), click the "previous screen" button below.
Or, click here if you wish
to return directly to the CLN menu which will give you access to educational
resources in all of our subjects.